Moore County News

Follow Us On:

Schools closed Wednesday due to flooded roads

Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 8:28 am

Flooded Wiseman Park

Flood waters took over Wiseman Park Wednesday morning.

Moore County schools closed Wednesday due to flooded roads near the Booneville community.

Director of Schools Chad Moorehead says a bus driver called him to advise of water nearly cresting the road off of Highway 129 early Wednesday morning. Based on the information, Moorehead confirmed with the Metro Sheriff’s Department officials and closed school.

According to the National Weather Service forecast Moore County had a 70 percent chance of heavy thunderstorms Wednesday morning and a 30 percent chance of extended rain in the afternoon.

Social Media Posts from Local Businesses