Anyone wishing to receive the services of Moore Care, Inc. in the upcoming year must sign up on one of the following dates listed below at the Moore County Public Library.
The mission for Moore Care is to provide low-income families from Moore County and their children with the tools to begin a successful school year. A portion of that preparation includes providing each student with a backpack with all of the necessary school supplies, new shoes, toiletry items and clothing. Moore Care also provides each student with access to medical, dental and vision screening. The parents are given education on financial planning and stretching their food dollars.
The following is a list of Moore Care qualifications:
- You must bring your child(ren) with you to register.
- The dates and times listed below will be the ONLY times that you will be able to register your children for services.
- Your family must meet the income guidelines established by the Federal Free Lunch program (FFLP) and they must be currently enrolled in Lynchburg Elementary School.
- Due to a change in the FFLP, Moore Care, Inc. can only accept the applications of presently established recipients of FFLP funds.
- Your eligibility will be confirmed with Lynchburg Elementary Food Service manager, Patsy Kennemer.
- If your child(ren) qualify for services, you will be notified in their final report card. No other form of notification will be sent out.
Parents may register for the service at the following times: Saturday May 5, 9 a.m. -12 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, 3-8 p.m. and Saturday May 12, 9 a.m. -12 p.m.