Beginning this week, residents in Tennessee, Georgia and Florida can easily locate gas stations selling the cheapest gas in town.
All they have to do is go online to <www.AAA.com/Gas>, and look for the “Fuel Price Finder.”
“Gas prices are already drifting lower, but this free tool will help motorists find the best deal possible,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman for AAA-The Auto Club Group. “The program does not require registration and is free whether you are a AAA member or not.”
Users can search prices at filling stations in all 50 states. They can narrow their results down to the city or zip code. Results are sorted by price, with a map showing the location of each station.
Users can find current and previous average prices for the area. The program also uses current and historical prices to determine the average cost to fill a 15-gallon tank.
Also on AAA.com/Gas
• Fuel Gauge Report: View average national, state and local fuel pricing with AAA’s daily fuel gauge report. Examine trends and get the latest information.
• Fuel Cost Calculator: Plug-in your starting city, destination, vehicle make, year and model, and this program will calculate the estimated fuel cost for your next road trip.
• Alternative Fuel Government Portal: The Alternative Fuels Data Center (AFDC) provides information to help individuals find ways to reduce petroleum consumption.
• Trip Tik Planner: Get point-to-point directions, avoid construction, find AAA approved hotels and more. TripTik planner for iPhone, Android, PC and more.
• Contact Your State Official: Have something to say about the rising cost of fuel? Contact your state official to express your views.
The AAA Fuel Finder site is derived from credit card transactions, direct feeds and other survey methods at more than 100,000 outlets around the country. The site displays the last price received over the past five days at each location and is meant to be a guide for consumers to make more informed fuel purchasing decisions. The time stamps are when the transaction occurred and is local to the area.
Although AAA strives to obtain as many station prices as possible, it does not guarantee that it will receive a price for every station every day. AAA does not guarantee the accuracy of these prices as they can change at a moment’s notice. Therefore, there may be a station which is not reported, but does have a lower price.